August 1, 2018
Following our five-week visit among you loved-ones in USA, we returned to Uganda two and half weeks ago. We found that all our people – family, PT staff, Berea Church, ministry partners and neighbors – were preserved well by our loving God. For that we are truly grateful. We resumed in full gear, to handle numerous ministry errands as laid out for us.
But we look back to our visit – we recall the fellowship, recollect the expressions of love, of your interest in God’s global work, of your concern for us as God’s servants – and affirm that we were truly cared for, while we visited among you friends. You helped us to set a schedule in order to make the best of this trip; then took us in us to encourage us; many got in touch with us to be a blessing to us; and arranged homes to host us; you guided us to meet some of your associates whom we had not known before; and sought slots on our calendar to take out, to feed us; and in various ways to enrich us along our needs. We watched you give of yourselves as well as your possessions to uplift us.
We returned to Uganda strong and in better shape. Though we were busy, we felt rested in such wonderful care among you. For this, we are truly thankful. Earlier, as we prepared to come to you, we had asked God to prepare our hearts and all those that would receive us; we had prayed for wisdom to prioritize engagements, steward resources, utilize time, and build long-term relationships. We now look back with sense of utmost accomplishment, grateful to God that he made all this possible by drawing your hearts to ours in Christ, in whom we ever get to call you our own people, or through whom we got to share in your blessings and enjoy your hospitality.
With your love-compelled involvement, you made it possible for us to re-link with our current partners in renewing fellowship, and to meet with some of your close acquaintances. We greatly benefited from all “get-togethers” – big or small, which were book-ended with a welcome reception as well as a farewell commission during our final days in USA.
We felt greatly encouraged to share with you the details and magnitude of the Gospel task we face, with a view to encourage many among you who have stood with us in this vital effort, and also to expand the current partnership base as God would allow. We clearly saw how some of you guided us into strategic networks shall continue to point us to more like-minded partners in families, church settings and para-church entities.
With your support in arranging our visit, we were able to a number of meet faculty members who heard and appreciated how education is changing with fresh needs of the world needing new ways to raise Gospel workers.
It became an outstanding highlight as prospects for co-workmanship with Western Seminary became more elaborate through the gracious interactions with Dr. Randal Roberts and some other members of the faculty. This gives us a new momentum here in Uganda, to set up the PT Institute to speed up formal training, God willing come 2019. The PT Institute Council is meeting in ten days to follow up this matter.
Many of you have so generously embraced the Gospel call with us, and your ardent interest in us during our visit with rendered our trip as profitable as it was indeed timely. We express our heart-felt gratitude for your generosity and loving inclusion of us into your budgets by priority, and most of all in your prayers. Your continued involvement goes a long way in achieving for you and for us, a great fruit heavenward. We sincerely thank you for your invaluable support in making our travel possible, our stay enjoyable and our Gospel-driven accomplishments possible. We give thanks and praise to our God.
Julius and Grace Twongyeirwe
Recent USA visit
- Tues, June 5th: Scheduled arrival at Portland International Airport (PDX).
- Fri, June 8th: PT-USA fellowship with Twongyeirwes, 5:30pm
- Sat, June 9th: Welcome reception at Montavilla Baptist Church, 1pm-5pm, with presentation by Julius and Grace at approx. 2pm.
- Sun, June 10th: Julius preaching at Woodland Park Chapel, 1914 NE 102nd, Portland, Oregon 97220. 11am.
- Sat, June 16th: Breakfast/coffee with CultureBound staff (formerly IICC)
- Sun, June 17th: Visiting Trinity Church, 909 NE 30th Ave, Portland, Oregon 97232. 10am service.
- Mon, June 18th. Time of sharing at Proebstel Church, 18702 NE Fourth Plain Road Vancouver, WA 98682. 7:00pm.
- Sun, June 24th: Julius and Grace sharing at Gracepoint Church, 10750 SE 42nd Ave, Milwaukee, Oregon 97222. 9:30am and 11:30am services and adult classes.
- Sun, July 1st: Julius preaching at Living Hope Bible Church, Issaquah, WA. 10:30am. Return to Portland area on July 3rd.
- Sat, July 7th: Farewell reception at Montavilla Baptist Church. Feel free to drop by 1:30pm -4:00pm. Presentation at 2:00pm.
- Sun, July 8th: Visiting Southwest Hills Baptist Church, Beaverton, OR.
- Thu, July 12th: Scheduled departure at PDX. 10:50pm, JetBlue flight 1206 (a.k.a., Qatar Airways 4110).